Friday 6 November 2009

Come to think of it


I think I got the days mixed up hummm... On Sunday, I did go to Cojean at Bon Marché but I had the poached egg salad, then I was heading towards Musée Rodin and came across la Pâtisserie des Rêves on Rue du Bac (7th). I recognised the name because I was reading about it in the latest Elle à Table, in I went and left with a brioche feuilletée sort of thing, called la folie. Nice! By the way this Phillipe Conticini just published a new baking book called Sensations (if I remember correctly), it is 45 euro, and weighs approximately 2kgs, filled with recipes that I might never practice... still I'm filled with regret not having bought it. That evening I think I bought a baguette from Phillipe Gosselin, somewhere on Rue Rivoli? I think? apparently winner of best baguette in Paris in what 2002 or something. Good! Very Good!

Monday 12 October - I lined up at Opera Garnier, wanting to buy a ticket for Giselle, but after nearing waiting for ages and finally got so close... did I realise that it was a queue for the tour of the Opera. There was a much shorter faster moving pace queue for the performances. (I saw the ballet in the evening, was beautiful. I paid 10 euro for a sit so high up with partly obstructed view. I had to lean to the left crouching then extend my neck, but it was worth it.)

One hour wasted, and I hadn't had any breakfast. So afterwards, I went to Lafayette Gourmand. I didn't actually have much because the hunger was already gone by then. I got a mini croissant from Kayser, but didn't think it was great. Then I walked all the way to St Germain again... and went to Mulot and had the quiche and the tart (see previous entry) au Bon Marché, went next door to la Grande Epicerie de Paris then walked back to the hotel to change and then to the said ballet.



... to be continued.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Musée Rodin. Unfortunately the closest we came to the Paris Opera was a fleeting glimpse as we flew past on Les Cars Rouge. So touristy and yet so much fun.
    As far as croissants go even a franchise store like Paul had perfectly adequate baguettes and croissants. Can you get a really dud pastry or croissant in Paris? Probably I suppose but it would be less likely than here.

    ReplyDelete