Sunday 16 May 2010

Happy Sunday!

What a lovely autumn afternoon in Sydney. Walking around Surry Hills this morning under light sprinkle of rain but now the sun is out. Right now I am watching a Survivor repeat with Figgy sleeping nearby. Sun is streaming in, am lounging around in my pyjama pants. Can't get any more relaxing than this. Well actually, that's the slight problem you see, as to why I would be completely useless in a masterchef challenge. But after watching masterchef I feel so pumped up and so last Sunday after masterchef for example, I decided to make a cake and thought that I would finished in 2 hours so say around half past 10, but in the end I didn't get to sleep until after midnight! So kudos to those 3 who made the black forests on Monday in 1 3/4 hours.

This is the end result. I was going to type up the recipe but it's mighty long,


Might type it up when I got time, anyhow it is from Paris Sweets by Dorie Greenspan a book I borrowed from the library. I'm going to doze off for a little nap, before I hit the kitchen to prepare dinner. Toodle-oo!

2 comments:

  1. That isn't a Black Forest is it? Looks good whatever it is.

    We attempted Justin North's suckling pig and marron thingy. Except without the suckling pig and marron this weekend. We used a pork belly and the end result was satisfactory. Michelle will blog it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an Opera, I forgot to mentioned it. I'm very inspired to make a black forest and hope to do it sooner rather than later! Perhaps if it's a successful attempt, it may appear on this blog... That Justin North's dish is like art on a plate isn't it? pretty to look at!! Looking forward to Michelle's blog!

    ReplyDelete