Friday 9 January 2009

Dishwasher required


No monetary remuneration. Apply within.

Inspired by the likes of the Julie/Julia Project, and Sarah Discovers How to Eat... I am to commit myself to a personal baking challenge this year, on top of the monthly Daring Bakers challenges. By the way, regretfully I couldn't carry out December's because.... (don't laugh!) I don't have a freezer :(.
(I would have loved to make une Bûche de Noël. What a bummer! *sigh* See amazing results here, here and here or click on db's logo for a complete list of daring bakers.)

So! Here are my baking resolutions for 2009 :
1. 50 recipes in 365 days, sweet or savoury... old tested recipes don't count, crap results certainly don't count.
2. 3 versions of pàte à croissant... Pierre Hermé, Michel Roux, and Lenôtre.
3. Pluck up my courage and reattempt macarons making.
4. Bake better sourdough breads like this.

That's it! Nothing too crazy... Me and little kitchenette will give it a red hot go.

Stay tuned.

xo

ps. Figgy, you're fired!

2 comments:

  1. what a great resolution, wish I had the gumption and time! Although I may join you on the macaron one, I've never tried them and they're so wonderful!!

    here's luck for your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen!! I just realised that someone dropped by :) Gumption I have, alas not time! I'm way behind schedule! xoxm

    ReplyDelete