Sunday 26 April 2009

Excerpts from a cat's diary

"Day 183 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.
Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair, must try this on their bed.
Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan."

I thought I might share this with fellow cat captors. As soon as I finish The Book Thief, I'm going to read the whole diary.

In my household I think Fig is the ruler and I'm the slave. It is rather pathetic how I succumb to his charm and good looks not to mention his meowing protests at his breakfast/lunch/dinner, whilst in fact the only creature who can be outraged with my forgetting to feed him would be Nino II. But then motherly instinct (read: guilt) kicks in and I shower him with a lot of attention. He's a good kid.



Lately I've been liking my cheese bread a lot, they are rather nice. I use my basic bread recipe that you can find in my introduction to Nino II.



Add liberal amount of cheese (normally a mix of grated sharp mature cheddar and parmesan), snippets of rosemary when I have some and a dash of mustard powder because honestly I desperately want to use it before it expires.



et voilà, another lazy blog by me a power blogger. Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. Those exerpts always make me laugh. They are funny cause they are true.

    I wonder how old the oldest yeast is?

    Nice photos as usual, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will google that and provide a little report in a few days...

    Thanks for the flattering compliment re:photo... coming from from a photog like you.
    By the way I like that word photog... it's by Kramer from the episode, if I recall well, when he took photos of Elaine to use as a Christmas card (the nip) and again in season 8 (the Package) when he offered George his photographic services.

    ReplyDelete